Dhaka: OIC Youth Capital 2020
Call for Applications: “Resilient Youth Leadership Summit”
DHAKA has been announced as the “OIC Youth Capital 2020” marking the recognition of the remarkable achievement of Bangladesh in its youth sector. Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF), an entity affiliated to the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), made this declaration on 25 December 2019.
Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF), Ministry of Youth and Sports of the People`s Republic of Bangladesh and Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People`s Republic of Bangladeshis organizing “Resilient Youth Leadership Summit” as the first ever activity under the frame work of Dhaka - OIC Youth Capital2020 International Programme on 27 – 28 July 2020.
In the current COVID context, more than ten elaborate virtual mega-events engaging youth from across the globe have been designed for celebrating “Dhaka - OIC Youth Capital 2020”. The convergence of the yearlong events with the grand celebration of Bangabandhu Birth Centenary has amplified its significance to a great extent. Dhaka-OIC Youth Capital 2020 will kick-off with a virtual inauguration ceremony on 27th July 2020 by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of Bangladesh. This inauguration ceremony will be followed by a virtual youth summit titled “Resilient Youth Leadership Summit” on 28th July 2020, where global youth leaders will participate in various day long activities to learn and craft the strategies to build a Resilient World, particularly, in the context of this COVID-19 pandemic situation.
This programme is particularly important in the COVID-19 and post-COVID recovery and reconstruction of an equitable global economic order. Emphasizes on the leadership, vision, ideation and imagination of the youth for constructing an innovative, resilient, and inclusive narrative to ensure a leadership position in the affairs of the world. Dhaka-OIC Youth Capital 2020believes that each new life comes with a potential and a promise. It’s in the youth that this potential or the promise is embodied in the personality that the young human being slowly acquires. This identity is impregnated with the acquired knowledge and experiences of all faiths, belief systems, ethnicities and national identities that the great human civilization has acquired over the many millennia of its existence in the universe. The more layered, textured and nuanced this identity is, the richer that life form becomes. Resilient Youth leadership Summit aims to bring together the individuals with promise for a better today and a for a brighter tomorrow. A virtual tour of the “Rohingya Camp in Cox’s Bazaar” will be organized in collaboration with United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) and International Organization for Migration (IOM) for the shortlisted participants under the supervision of ICYF as the implementing agency of the OIC Youth Capital International Programme.
• To seek innovative ideas and solutions from the youth on how to better manage the COVID-19 crisis in terms of addressing the emergency as well as building post-COVID resilience.
• To incorporate youth in policy formulation process.
• To introduce the “Displaced Persecuted Rohingya Community from Myanmar” to the participants.
• To build up a sense of awareness among the youth about the ordeal and struggle of the Rohingya Community.
1. Policy Simulation Session(s) on Building Resilience in the context of COVID-19 pandemic
2. Virtual Tour to Rohingya Camp (In partnerships with UNHCR, IOM and the University of Cambridge):
i. Historical Background of the Rohingya Crisis
ii. Virtual Tour in Cox’s Bazar Rohingya Camp
iii. Dialogue on Rohingya Crisis: (a) Justice and Accountability Issues and (b) Operational Issues: Rohingya Camp Management
iv. Virtual Live Interactive Session with the persecuted Rohingya Community.
3. Submission of a “Summit Outcome” on the “Role of Youth Leadership in Time ofCrisis”.
Programme Format and Timeline:
• The programme will be a combination of theoretical and interactive sessions via zoom.
• Timeline: 27 – 28 July 2020
***The online platform and its technical information pack will be shared only with the selected participants.
• Full attended participants will be awarded with a verified certificate issued by Government of Bangladesh and Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF).
WHO CAN APPLY?
• Young people from all over the world
• Ability to communicate in English
• Well conversant in digital technology with good internet connectivity.
• Aged between 18–35
• Interested in social works.
• Interested in International Humanitarian Law
Selection Committee will evaluate the applications based on eligibility and criteria. Selected participants will receive an email confirmation containing online program details. Due to a tight schedule, there will be not an opportunity to inform those who are not selected. The general information on selection results will be posted at “Dhaka - OIC Youth Capital 2020” website and its official social media accounts as well as ICYF website and social media accounts.
Important Note: Only selected participants will be informed.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 20 July 2020 at 23:59 (GMT+6, Dhaka TIME)
ANNOUNCEMENT OF SELECTION: 24 July 2020
For more questions
WEBLINKS FOR ACCESS AND REFERENCE
Dhaka-OIC Youth Capital Website: https://dhaka.oicyouthcapital.com/
ICYF Website: https://www.icyforum.org/
Youth For Global Bangladesh Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Y4GBD/
Youth Capital Promo Video: https://www.facebook.com/101472128165459/posts/158220702490601/